function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dmchengdmcheng 

Description field is read-only in CampaignMember?

Hello. I want to use the Description field in the CampaignMember object for user data entry. However, when I place it on a page layout, it's automatically set to read-only and I can't change it. Is there a way around this? What's the reason for this field to be read-only?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jkucerajkucera

There is not an editable description field on Campaign member.  You can easily create a custom field to do the same thing though.

All Answers

jkucerajkucera

There is not an editable description field on Campaign member.  You can easily create a custom field to do the same thing though.

This was selected as the best answer
thunksalotthunksalot

I'm just curious if anyone knows why SF would have a Description text field that no one can fill in?  Is it because there is a System process that puts things in their?  The help documentation for Campaign Member fields doesn't indicate that there is anything special like that with regards to the Description field.  It's a mystery!  Somebody call Sherlock Holmes!

jkucerajkucera

Hi thunksalot - the description field is actually a formula field that points to Lead.Description vs. a "real" field on Campaign Member.  We added the ability to show the standard Lead & Contact fields on Campaign Member as many customers want to use Campaign Member for qualifying interest in multi-product companies vs using dupe leads.  The forumla fields allow showing the contact info & other context while keeping the CM separate.