function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hoagieryderhoagieryder 

Importing Child Accounts with Parent ID's

I first imported my parent accounts, then exported them to get there Record ID's. I did a vlookup in Excel and put the corresponding Record ID for the parent account in the Parent Account column of my child accounts. What reads in is the Record ID in the Parent Account Column. I was under the impression that Salesforce would convert the record ID's in the Parent Account column and return the corresponding Account Name. What am I doing wrong?

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

You need a single report where u can get Parent Account Id, Account Id, Parent Account name and Account name. Wherever Parent Account Ids is blank it means those accoutns are parents or they are stand alone accounts. Put everything on excel.. workout with some filters and You may not even need to do Vlookup.

hoagieryderhoagieryder

I am a little confused with what you are saying. Are you telling me to put the parent accounts name in the parent account field for the child instead of its record id?

hoagieryderhoagieryder

The problem with that is that I have parent accounts with the same name. I want to be able to connect to them via account ID not account name.