function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mweissmweiss 

Help with Answers

I am making an Answers portal and am having a difficult time finding how add some functionality to the question/reply objects. I would like to add some options for sorting (highest rated, lowest rated, etc.), disable replies for specific questions, and be able to schedule when a question will post, rather than it posting right when it is created.

Any suggestions?

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The sorting functionality which you want to implement can be done using a Visual Force Page or a widget.

As of disabling the answering for a question you can have a field called "CanAnswer" , if that is enable may be you can use a validation rule to allow or disalllow answering based on that value.

The scheduling of posting can be tried via workflow rules, say we have custom field "PostVisible" we can set this field via time based work flow rules coupled with a field update to set the value of the field "PostVisible".

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

mweissmweiss

I figured out the sorting functionality after I asked about it.

The thing is that Question objects have a fixed set of fields as far as I can tell. You aren't able to add or change the fields on it, which is making me think that I'm going to have to use a secondary object as a work around to use with the validation rules. 

I am also thinking that the secondary object will need to be used to implement the workflow rules solution for the scheduled posting.

SurekaSureka

Hi,

Have a look at this appexchange - SurveyWizard. This appexchange has the built in functionality of Question and Answers object.

Thanks