function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ssoftwaressoftware 

Campaign Hierarchy - Issue with Totals

Hi All,

1. I created a child campaign where the 

Budgeted Cost = 25000

Not Checked

Actual Cost = 13000

2. I edited the campaign page layout and added the following fields:

Total Budgeted Cost in Hierarchy

Total Actual Cost in Hierarchy.

3. In the  parent campaign, I see the Hierarchy totals line summary correctly in the Campaign Hierarchy related list. (25000 and 13000). However, the "Total Budgeted Cost in Hierarchy" and the "Total Actual Cost in Hierarchy" fields that I added in Step 2 show incorrect values (15000 and 8000 respectively).

Can someone let me know what could be going wrong?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
The_London_ScottThe_London_Scott

I hit this in 2010 when we built out campaign hierarchies.  I logged a case with SFDC support and in the end, SFDC engineers had to tweak something in the database, a fix that was not durable - I seem to remember we had to ask them to do it again.  So at that time it was a known issue but I do not know whether it has been resolved.

All Answers

The_London_ScottThe_London_Scott

I hit this in 2010 when we built out campaign hierarchies.  I logged a case with SFDC support and in the end, SFDC engineers had to tweak something in the database, a fix that was not durable - I seem to remember we had to ask them to do it again.  So at that time it was a known issue but I do not know whether it has been resolved.

This was selected as the best answer
ssoftwaressoftware

Thanks The_London_Scott, I appreciate your response. So far, this has been occuring randomly in my case. It works with some hierarchies but doesn't with some other ones.