function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RohitMRohitM 

Developer console doesn't work with triggers

Hi all,

I have irritating time debugging issues whenever I use the new developer console. The problem is that the logs don't show up whenever there's an active trigger.

For example, if I am writing a simple code to insert an account and there's an acive trigger on the account then the logs won't open. I get a random error message : "Error: Open request failed. 210351096-7846 (-1439493276)"

Whenever I deactivate the trigger, it works fine.

I am not sure if this has got something to do with the size of the logs.

Is anyone else facing same problem ? The older sysem log was better

-Rohit

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You are getting the trigger error that mean your trigger is called by the developer console. I have made a simple trigger on account and insert a record through the developer console and its working fine and I am getting the proper log of this. Try the below code as reference:
trigger activity on Account (before insert,before update) {
for (Account a: trigger.new){
if (a.lastactivitydate!=null)
{
a.abcPackage__ActivityChk__c =true;
}
system.debug('@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@' +a.name);

}

}

//////////////////// Debug Console //////////////////////////////////////
account ac=new account(name='test');
insert ac;

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

joshbirkjoshbirk

Can you post either some sample code from the trigger, or an old log?  It might be something more specific than using triggers in general.

RohitMRohitM

My apologies for the long delay in response. The fact is, the developer console started showing the logs after a couple of days, with no change in the code. We thought some changes were incorporated into it, by Salesforce team. 

Thanks for your time.