function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iRiteshiRitesh 

What is app in salesforce

Hi i am creating visualforce pages and apex classes triggers etc for last some time.i want to know what is app in salesforce and how to publish it on AppExchange? Any requirement for publishing app on app exchange i went through this tutorial link

they teach how to create an app in developer org by default there are 6 tabs Home,Chatter,File,Your Tab ,Reports,DashBoard.i basically want to know what app contains? apex class,visualforce page these components or only standard tabs and some customization tab what we see when we select an app in developer org

Koen (BvD)Koen (BvD)

I think that what you are looking for is the notion of "package". A package can contain pages, classes, tabs, triggers, custom objects, apps and more. With a package you combine all this in something that can be published on app exchange

softmain dotinsoftmain dotin
An app in Salesforce.com is nothing but a container which contains in it - a name, a logo, and an ordered set of tabs. All the metadata such as Objects , VisualforcePages , Classes , etc are independent of an app . An app just helps to group things together visually. if you wana create app so this link help to create an app in salesforce.

http://www.softmain.in/2017/08/how-to-create-custom-app-in-salesforce.html

Thank You