function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sp08830sp08830 

Visibility to task / event

Users in a certain profiles wanted to restrict some of the activities they create on a custom object record.

is it possible to show / hide an activity using record type? 

eg. Task or Event with rec type 's' is visible to every one and task / event with rec type 'h' is visible only to certain users.

Jia HuJia Hu
Why not use Organization-Wide sharing setting? It is a common way.

Combine the sharing setting of Activity and your custom object you may do this.

For example,
Set the Activity as Controlled by Parent, and then set your custom object sharing as private.

Then only the one who has the permission to access the parent record can access the event or task on this record.

Also, you can set the Activity as Private and then only the owner can access the Task or Event.
sp08830sp08830

Jia Hu, Thanks fo the reply. The method you mentioneed can be used to either hide or show all activities. In my case I wanted to show / hide certain activities. Also making activites controlled by parent becomes a global setting. I mean activities on all objects gets controlled by parent.

One more thing to mention, my custom object is controlled by Account and hence cannot create sharing rule on this object.

Jia HuJia Hu
I guess Record Type will not for your case.
Since Record Type is used for displaying a record in different page layouts according to different profiles.

You may create several custom fields on the Task/Event for a certain profile. Use field-level security in the profile to control the access.
Then even other users may see the Event/Task record, they can't see the specific info for the certain users.