function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
elgutierelgutier 

Validation rule for mandatory fields

Hi all,

I am required to create  a validation rule that will triggers the obligation to fill in certain fields.

So the case scenario is:

If field policy (lookup) is blank, then fields "policy number", "start date", "end date" are to be mandatory.

I have been trying to implement the following logic for the object case ( as these fields are part of it):

AND (ISBLANK (policy.name)),NOT (ISBLANK (policy.number)), NOT (ISBLANK...."

But it is not accepted in the syntax.

Would please someone help me on this :)?

Thank you!

manismanis

Hi

Just use the below mentioned  formula after replacing your exact field name.

ISBLANK(policy-lookup)   &&  ( ISBLANK( policy number)   ||  ISBLANK(  start date  )  || ISBLANK(end date ))

elgutierelgutier

Hi Manis,

Thanks a lot :)

Would it be possible to implement this requirement through a Validation rule and not a trigger?

Thanks for confirming.

BR.

manismanis

Hi

The above mentioned formula is for validation rule. No need to write an trigger for this.

elgutierelgutier
Oh great thanks very much :) -- *Elisabet Guti?rrez Magallanes* | Consultant aborda ? a Cloud Computing Company | WTC Moll de Barcelona s/n Edificio Sur 2a planta, 08039 Barcelona (Spain) Office: +34 902 500 093 Ext 2032 | Mobile: +34 663.364.609 www.aborda.es | *elisabet.gutierrez@aborda.es* [image: Logo]Follow us: [image: facebook] [image: twitter] [image: linkedIn] [image: eco] No me imprimas si no es necesario. Protejamos el medio ambiente