function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CVTyCVTy 

Merging lead

Hi All,

my organisation has an enterprise edition. Is there anyway that one of my user can be given permission to merge leads but not to delete at will?

educate me on this.

Thank you

CVTyCVTy
i want to know the kind of permissions that i can give my user to allow them to merge the leads but cannot delete
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce
  • Any related items from the duplicate leads, such as campaign or activity information, will be associated with the newly merged lead.
  • If you are merging duplicate leads that are members of different campaigns, the campaign Member Status Updated date for each lead is retained and associated with the newly merged lead.
  • In Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Edition organizations, any sharing rules are applied to the newly merged lead.
  • All discarded duplicate records are moved to the Recycle Bin.
  • The newly merged lead displays the Created By date from the oldest lead you are merging, and shows the merge date as the Modified By date.
  • In organizations that use divisions, the merged lead is assigned to the division of the Master Record, unless you select otherwise.
  • The fields visible in the search results for duplicate leads and matching accounts, contacts, and opportunities are controlled by the search layouts for those types of records.
  • The master lead replaces the duplicate leads in all the requested meetings they were invited to. Also, all meeting messages written by the duplicate leads are automatically associated with the master lead. (Meeting messages appear on the requested meeting's Web page and are visible to all invitees.)
  • The master lead replaces the duplicate leads in all the scheduled meetings they were invited to. However, make sure to edit the event detail page and click Add to Invitees to add the new master lead to the meeting invitee list.