function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
itdeptitdept 

Does Account Teams apply to Leads and Users?

We have a series of assignment rules that assigns owner (user) to the records on the lead table as well as the account table.  We have set up account teams for users.  I was wondering if it is possible to have a workflow that sends an email to the assigned lead owner, as well as the members of the account team?

Thanks,
Frank

Best Answer chosen by itdept
itdeptitdept
After doing some heavy digging, I came across this post:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=creating_workflow_alerts.htm&language=en_US

If you look for "Account Team" and read the note under the Account Team bullet point, it seems to suggest that the Account Team option only works with the Account object and it's immediate child objects (master-detail??), which would preclude Lead records from using this option. At least that's what I got out of it.

If you're able to do this, ie - use a workflow rule on the Lead object to send emails to Account Teams members, I hope we can solve it for me as well. I really need this feature, and it seems that it should be easy for the system to notify not only the new lead's owner, but the entire support team if necessary, of a new hot lead!

Ashish, thanks for your help so far. It is much appreciated.

Regards,
Frank

All Answers

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Frank, 

You can create a Workflow based on your Criteria on "Lead" object, in workflow actions, you can Add a "Email Alert". 

In that email alert you can select the "*Recipient Type" as the Account Team in the Drop down below along with the Lead Owner. 

https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?err=1&id=creating_workflow_alerts.htm&siteLang=en_US

Regards,

Ashish

If your question is answered, please mark this post as Solved.

itdeptitdept

Hi Ashish_SFDC,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had actually set everything up almost exactly like you'd described and tested it last night before I created this post.  Sadly, it didnt work at all.  Here's a bit more detail of what our setup is like:

The object is the Lead table.

We have a workflow on the Lead table that does 3 things when triggered.  The triggering action is a new lead coming in from our Web-to-Lead form on our website.  Once the lead is in Salesforce, an assignment rule runs and assigns an owner to each lead.  It is after the lead is assigned an owner that the workflow fires.  Here is what our workflow is intended to do:

1) Create a task and attach that to the Lead record.
2) Send a confirmation email to the Lead
3) Send a notification email to BOTH the Lead Owner, and the Account Team: Support Team Lead

There is an issue with the third Workflow Action.  The email to the lead owner works as expected, but the email to the Account Team: Support Team Lead fails.  In other words, the Lead Owner receives the email, but the Account Team: Support Team Lead does not.

Note: I have already created a "Support Team Lead" role in the Account Team (under Setup -> Customize -> Accounts).  I've also assigned myself to this role to the Lead Owner's Default Account Team (Lead Owner's User Details page).

Thus far, it makes me think that the Account Team does not apply to Leads, instead anyting Account related.  If you have any idea where I'm going wrong, please do offer your insight!

Thanks,

Frank

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Frank, 

Thank you very much for getting back.

I am not able to reproduce the issue in my test org. 

Please raise a support case this use case has to be investigated. 

Regards,

Ashish, Salesforce.com

itdeptitdept
Hi Ashish,

Here's my case number, 09476843. Is there any way you can escalate this case or have someone have a look at it sooner?

Thanks,
Frank
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Frank, 

Thanks very much for the case number, I have raised a flag from my end. 

Support will contact you shortly. 

Regards,

Ashish, Salesforce.com

itdeptitdept
After doing some heavy digging, I came across this post:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=creating_workflow_alerts.htm&language=en_US

If you look for "Account Team" and read the note under the Account Team bullet point, it seems to suggest that the Account Team option only works with the Account object and it's immediate child objects (master-detail??), which would preclude Lead records from using this option. At least that's what I got out of it.

If you're able to do this, ie - use a workflow rule on the Lead object to send emails to Account Teams members, I hope we can solve it for me as well. I really need this feature, and it seems that it should be easy for the system to notify not only the new lead's owner, but the entire support team if necessary, of a new hot lead!

Ashish, thanks for your help so far. It is much appreciated.

Regards,
Frank
This was selected as the best answer
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Frank, 

You are right if the Lead is not Converted then it will not be associated with the Account. 

However you can try creating a Lookup or Masterdetail Field in Lead with Account and test if that works. 

Regards,

Ashish

akhil chintalaakhil chintala
hello every one
i have one task will anyone please solve this(im a fresher)plz dont mind
Whenever new Lead is created we have to check for users who have the less number of leads, we have to assign that lead to that particular user.
U1  L1 L4
U2  L2 L5
U3  L3
Now when new Lead is created it will check users with leads LIST,and assign created new lead to that User who has less number of Leads.

Create a custom field(LeadCount) in User Object
Query to get user and LeadCount field  and put them in one map
Sort that map
Whichever user has lessnumber of leadscount try to add the lead for that user.