function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gv007gv007 

Dynamically Overriding Page Layout custom field labels.

Hi All

I have a custom field in standard object .We are using it in diffrent page layouts.But we want change the label name in each page layout with anohter name.It is possble using custom code.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks'

Rahul_sgRahul_sg
If you are using page layouts then you dont need custom code for this just click the EDIT link next to that field and change its label.
gv007gv007

I am not seeing the link in the page layout.My question I want change my page layout field field layouts.

Rahul_sgRahul_sg

That link is not available on page layout. Go to your object>  click App Setup > Customize > Object >Fields , then click on the field

kevindotcarkevindotcar

Hi-

This  is a looong way around, but  you could create a bunch of fields named after the way you want the field named on each layout.

Then, put each field on each of your page layouts...

Then, have a workflow  that copies the individually named fields to the "master" field via a "update field" action when te record is saved.

...This of course is a total hack, but I'm just coming with something off the top of my head...

...I don't know how many page layouts you're talking about here, so this might be unworkable....

Another solution which is more elegant but fraught with much more peril is to override a page layout for your object and then in the VF code modify the metadata for the page....   Come to think of it, this is much more ugly....  there are some things you lose when you override a page (especially for a standard object).

Hope this helps.... And I hope there is a better solution for you out there.