function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yk will 5454yk will 5454 

ASP SQL vs ASP Force.com

We are looking to start and build a new project for our company, the project involves a web interface with role-based security, custom multiple different projects on roles with asp.net. why use force.com or database.com, instead of using asp.net with .Net framework and Microsoft SQL Server.

I don't need any salesman trying to sell me a product I really want to know the real difference, also there might be other options like DotNetNuke with asp.net so again what is the real benefit one over other.

EIE50EIE50

Cloud computing is the major difference i would say. You would have all the advantages of cloud computing compared to on site hosting / maintenance of apps / servers or client-server computing model.

yk will 5454yk will 5454

Besides the difference of the fancy word "Cloud Computing", what are the specific differences and benefits.

EIE50EIE50

Did you get a chance to read this page http://www.salesforce.com/platform/cloud-platform/ ?I dont know anything about .net, so i cannot really differentiate. But the above page should give you a rough idea about salesforce cloud platform.

Thanks.