function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VK86VK86 

Report Fields

Hello all,

I am trying to run a report on Accounts-->Custom Obj A-->Custom Obj B (master detail relationship)

I see that not all fields of custom obj B are available to show in the report (i am trying to display a text field here)

Am i missing something?

Thanks,

VK

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ReidCReidC

Check Setup > App Setup > Create > Report Types -- you'll find a list of custom report types along with the fields.  Note that if the report type was automatically built, you will not see it here and it's probably a different issue.

All Answers

ReidCReidC

Did you make a custom report type or did you make the objects available to reports in setup?  If you made a custom report type, that custom report type doesn't automatically include all fields and you may need to update it.

VK86VK86

Thank you for your reply ReidC.

I am using a custom report (from the reports tab 'Create New Custom Report') and yes the custom object is available for reporting.

How do i update this custom report?

Thanks again,

VK

ReidCReidC

Check Setup > App Setup > Create > Report Types -- you'll find a list of custom report types along with the fields.  Note that if the report type was automatically built, you will not see it here and it's probably a different issue.

This was selected as the best answer
VK86VK86

Perfect! It worked!

stunaitestunaite

Very well done!