function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alex_ConfigeroAlex_Configero 

Boards "Solved" Etiquette

Hello fellow board members,

I thought I'd ask around for your opinion on the proper etiquette when marking solutions as solved.

Seemes to happen often that after going back and forth trying to resolve someone's issue, when the poster finally gets the answer, he/she marks one of their own posts as the solution. While I'm all for sharing and helping, it's also nice to be recognized for the effort. But I feel weird asking the original poster to give credit to me instead...

Thoughts?

danaledanale

Hey Alex,

Thanks for opening up a discussion about this issue. I would love to see a culture grow around marking solutions, and giving credit where it is due to the community members who voluntarily spent their free time helping to solve others' problems.

Marking a question as solved also lets other users know they can get hints or clues to related problems, and are particularly valuable.

All the internal folks try to mark whenever they have the opportunity, but their bandwidth is limited and sometimes they just can't get around to it. What else can we do to help the process along, or to change the culture around the boards?

Thanks!

Dana