function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hickmandhickmand 

Flow Designer Issue

I have set up a flow using Flow designer to capture new member details.  At the end of the flow, the information needs to create a parent record then create a child record from the information captured.  I have no problem creating the parent via the "Insert Data Update"  The child record requires the Name field.  To get that data, after creating the parent record via Insert Data Update, I assign the parent ID to a Variable Element.  I then use an Insert Data Lookup to search for the newly created parent record then assign the Name field to a variable element name Master Account.  I then have a Insert Data Update to create the new child record and assign the Master Account element to the required field in the child account.......Its not working.  The parent account gets created but the child account doesnt get created.  I either get "Malformed ID" or an Input String " " error.  

How do I get around this issue?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Silkcutz01Silkcutz01

How i create relationships in Flow:

1. Assign the InterviewID to a variable. (InterviewID is unique to the interview and is found in 'Functions and internal values' within the Allocator dialog box)
  2. Insert DateUpdate and assign InterviewID to a variable. 
  3. Do a DataLookUp on the InterviewID field to identify the newly created record and retrieve the RecordID.
  4. Use the RecordID to attach the two records. 

Hope helps.

All Answers

Silkcutz01Silkcutz01

How i create relationships in Flow:

1. Assign the InterviewID to a variable. (InterviewID is unique to the interview and is found in 'Functions and internal values' within the Allocator dialog box)
  2. Insert DateUpdate and assign InterviewID to a variable. 
  3. Do a DataLookUp on the InterviewID field to identify the newly created record and retrieve the RecordID.
  4. Use the RecordID to attach the two records. 

Hope helps.

This was selected as the best answer
hickmandhickmand

Thank you for your assistance