function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jyovasjyovas 

Public calendar and personal calendar

From a Event record how to differentiate if the entry belong to a public calendar or personal calendar ? I have a requirement to add any Activities added to a custom object to a public  calendar. How do I achive this ?

TIA

-John

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The "owner" of the record determines if it's public or private. Users are private owners, public calendars are public owners. If you're using a trigger, This should be available as "event.owner.type" if you query the records.

jyovasjyovas

If I change the owner in the trigger to public calendar folder Id , The event disappears from the object's "Open Activities" related list. I want the Event to be visible in both the public calendar as well as the object's "Open Activities" Related list.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

I'm pretty sure you can't have it both ways... that's how activities are designed. You may want to call technical support to verify this, though.

jyovasjyovas

Yes I called tech. support and they confirmed thats by design. So we have decided to use one of the users calendar and share that calendar with rest of the users. This way the Events still shows up in the relatedlist

Thanks for your help

-John