function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
itmitm 

How to bring in other report types to a report

Hi,

I am looking to see how I can bring in other report types to a report that I started in one type.

For example, I started a report in contract type, but I need fields form Account type. Is this possible? And if so how.

I mean like in database tables you can join tables and bring in the fields from the two.

Thank you

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

You can create a report on one report type.

If you want fields from other objects then try to modify the Report type with relating to that objects and add the object and fields to the Report type. Then only those will be available in Report.

itmitm

Sorry, I am not sure what you are saying here. If you are saying that I should look for things in the same reort typw that is in another report type and build me report with that; I have tried that. However, there are just some ields that are in another report type. So are you saying that there is not away to be in say Contracts and bring fields in from Account?

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

If you want Account Fields and Contract fields in your Report type then the report type will be like on Account (Primary object) and Contract object should be related to that.

I think once the report type is changed we cannot change the primary object of that report type.

I think in your case you should go for new report type.

itmitm

When you say relate how do you relate to types?

Ed

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

If my understanding is Correct this question is about Report types.

While creating Report type you selects one object (primary Object) there rit.(Here select Account)

The after next button there will be option like

Step 2. Define Report Records Set

In that section you can relate Account with another Object.

Here select Contracts from the PickList.

If you are not looking for this please post your total question here again. May be I didn't understand properly?

itmitm

Oh Okay I did not realize that you could do that in the begiing.

Thank you