function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
stcforcestcforce 

case thread id

Hello all, I was wondering whether anyone had any official documentation regarding the exact format of the case thread and the pre-spring 12 format. I've been looking online and some of the answers that have been given to people are slightly different in terms of behavior.

The spring 12 notes discuss (in criminally poor detail) the new format but do so with reference to the prior format - for which i was never able to find an official definition. Can anyone help with this?

thank you.

Jia HuJia Hu

With the Spring '12 release the format of the Email to Case thread ID is changing to include additional characters and underscores. Below are the 2 versions for reference.

Spring '12 version    ref:_00DT0EIgQ._500T045kux:ref
Pre Spring '12 version    ref:00DTEIgQ.500T45kux:ref

Note there is a new character added in the first part of the ID shown by the blue 0 and a new character added shown by the blue 0 in the second part of the ID. Underscores are added at the beginning of the ID and after the period in the ID.
This change will not affect existing Email to Case functionality. Organizations who use custom formulas based on  thread IDs or construct their own IDs will need to edit those customizations to recognize the additional characters.