function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JJUPOJJUPO 

Opportunity Team Selling ---> Opportunity field update

Hello everyone,

Is there any way to update an Opportunity field when a Sales Team (Opportunity Team Selling) is specified?  We prefer Salesforce tools, we won't develop APEX code for this.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AdrianCCAdrianCC

Ok, I've found it. It's called OpportunityTeamMember: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_opportunityteammember.htm

However it seems that the relationship to Opportunity is just a simple lookup, so we can't create rollup summaries on it - to create a simple COUNT on opportunity that counted how many related selling teams does it have, which would of allowed a workflow rule.

Also, the OpportunityTeamMember doesnt appear in the new workflow rule page for selection... 

We need a field on Opportunity that changes a value so that we can check whether or not that oppty has a Sales Team. You could create a checkbox, Has Sales team or something, but you would have to manually check it, and use that...

A trigger would of been the simplest solution.

Adrian

All Answers

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hi!

What field is Sales Team (Opportunity Team Selling)? Does it reffer to Owner?

You could create a custom Workflow Rule. When Sales Team (Opportunity Team Selling) == somevalue, then update field.

Check it out at Setup > App Setup > Create > Workflow & Approvals > Workflow Rules.

Have a nice day,

Adrian

JJUPOJJUPO

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your response. 

When I say Sales Team (Opportunity Team Selling), I mean: Setup | App Setup | Customize | Opportunities | Opportunity Team Selling

Regards

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Ok, I've found it. It's called OpportunityTeamMember: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_opportunityteammember.htm

However it seems that the relationship to Opportunity is just a simple lookup, so we can't create rollup summaries on it - to create a simple COUNT on opportunity that counted how many related selling teams does it have, which would of allowed a workflow rule.

Also, the OpportunityTeamMember doesnt appear in the new workflow rule page for selection... 

We need a field on Opportunity that changes a value so that we can check whether or not that oppty has a Sales Team. You could create a checkbox, Has Sales team or something, but you would have to manually check it, and use that...

A trigger would of been the simplest solution.

Adrian

This was selected as the best answer
JuulJuul

You can also download the appexchange app Rollup helper. 

I use the free version (disadvantage is that it will load only once every 3 hours instead of directly) 

I've created a formula field on the opportunityteam object. Enter 1 in the formula field and save it, you don't have to put it on the pagelayout.

Create a number field on the opportunity object (f.e. # Oppteam members), place this on your pagelayout.

Open Rollup helper and create a new rollup

Step 1: Select Target object = Opportunity

Step 2: Select opportunity field for result = # Oppteam members

Step 3: Define summary calculation

Select opportunity child (related list) = Opportuntiyteammember.Opportunity-Id

Select Opportunityteammember Source For Opportunity.Oppteam_members = # Oppteam members

Rollup helper will put the number of opportunityteam members in this field.