function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nabil711nabil711 

create a custom tab in customer portal

Hi

I want to display a link : '/apex/VFP_MyAccount?userName={!User.Username }&accountId='+Id

as a custom tab : MyAccount   in my customer portal but i get problems with parameters 

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SFFSFF

It's a customer portal. The user logging in, by definition, has access to a single Account and, obviously, you already know who is logging in. You may want to have a "mode" argument at the end of the URL to signal to your VF page that you can coming in from a custom portal, so the controller can look for account and user ID arguments when not coming from the portal - or you can just assume that if the user and account IDs are not present on the querystring, then the call is coming from the portal.

Hope this helps,

All Answers

SabrentSabrent

Create a "Visualforce Tab" . 

Add this tab to the Customer Portal Tab settings. 
Ensure that the portal user's profile has visibility to the objects and tabs.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you go. 

nabil711nabil711

And for my parameters account ID and UserName how can i get them???

SFFSFF

It's a customer portal. The user logging in, by definition, has access to a single Account and, obviously, you already know who is logging in. You may want to have a "mode" argument at the end of the URL to signal to your VF page that you can coming in from a custom portal, so the controller can look for account and user ID arguments when not coming from the portal - or you can just assume that if the user and account IDs are not present on the querystring, then the call is coming from the portal.

Hope this helps,

This was selected as the best answer