function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Duncan_IdahoDuncan_Idaho 

Please rate my senior Force.com developer tech screen questions

I've been doing some tech screening for a senior developer position. In my opinion, these are more high mid level questions that a senior developer should have no trouble with. My goal is to make sure the developer has an understanding of salesforce as a whole, not just coding.

1. Explain the difference between Role and Profile security.

2. Give at least two use cases for Salesforce Chatter.

3. I have two custom objects, custom object 1 & custom object 2. How would I create a many-to-many relationship between those objects? (if part one answered correctly) How could you ensure the relationship record was deleted if one of the records it was associated with was deleted?

4. A salesforce development best practice is to “Bulkify your trigger code”. Please explain that concept.

5. You have a set of account ids. Write an SOQL query to return the id, name, and email of all contacts who are associated with those accounts.

6. Explain the pros and cons of using Standard Visualforce rerendering vs Javascript Remoting.

7. You are working on a visualforce project that requires use of an external javascript library. How would you make the library available to your visualforce pages?