function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pranav_VaidyaPranav_Vaidya 

Email alert sends 2 emails

Hi,

I have set-up an email alert with some workflow rules. Everything works perfect as set-up except the email alert generates 2 emails.

The receipt receives 2 emails from the app. I have cheked the e-mail alert setting, there is only 1 person set-up to receive the email.

The first email is sent as below-

From-  My name

Sent by:     no-reply@salesforce.com

Please respond to     "Email Approval" < the long code>

The second email is sent as below-

From- my.organization@mydomain.com

Sent by: no-reply@salesforce.com

There is no third line on the second email.

The problem here is that-

1. Why 2 emails are generated

2. Why the email from Organization name is missing "Please respond to"

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

I resolved this by removing an extra email alert action. I did not realise that there was an email alert action as part of the workflow process. And I had added another email alert. After deleting the extra email alert the issue was resolved.

Thanks.

All Answers

SabrentSabrent

I had a similar situation, and this was the reason -

There were two workflows, with the same rule criteria, one firing email1 and the other firing email2. Basically the purpose of both workflows/email alerts was the same, just that One of the WF was used previously and when the new WF was created, the old wasn't deactivated.

I resolved this by removing an extra email alert action. I did not realise that there was an email alert action as part of the workflow process. And I had added another email alert. After deleting the extra email alert the issue was resolved.

Thanks.

This was selected as the best answer