function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CreatobugCreatobug 

Currencyisocode on opportunity when a lead is converted.....need clarity

My requrement is to update the Currencyisocode field of a converted opportunity (from lead) with the Currencyisocode of the account associated with that opportunity.

Currently the field is getting populated with the Currencyisocode of the lead converted.I cant find any trigger/ workflow which is doing this. Is this the default functionality?.

I was able to achive this requirement with an 'after insert' trigger on opportunity but the 'before insert' trigger does not seem to work. So I assume that the value gets populated with the lead's Currencyisocode first and then the 'after insert' trigger updates the field again. I dont want this to happen . I want the field to get updated only once. 

Can anyone explain what is happening here? and also if possible suggest a workaround.

CreatobugCreatobug

Update: I suppose the before Insert trigger does not fire because 'Enable Validation and Triggers from Lead Convert.' is not enabled in my org....So any ideas on how I can get the currency field on opportunity to be populated with that of account instead of Lead without writing an after insert trigger?.....