function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bozotheclownbozotheclown 

Deploying from Sandbox to Production for the First Time

Hello.  I have a question about doing the first deployment from the sandbox to production.

I have been developing my app in my sandbox.  I set up the sandbox a few months ago.  I initially began my development in the production version - but then created the sandbox.  In other words, there are some fields, objects, workflows, etc in my production version...but my sandbox has modified or deleted a lot of the stuff that was in the productioin version.

So, my question is this.  Would it harm anything if I deleted EVERYTHING in my production version prior to updating it with the sandbox items?  I have no needed data in the production version (so a deletion will not cause any important data loss).  My thinking is that it might make things "cleaner" if I just replaced the whole production version with what is in the sandbox.

Thanks for any comments.  I just wanted to ask this question in case I missed any possible problems with this approach.

Kunal01Kunal01

I think you done it in the right way. Just check if you anything needs mannual changes. Else everything will be working as per your sandbox.

Thanks,

kunal.

bvramkumarbvramkumar

Anybody's main concern while deleting the production objects is Data Loss. If you dont have that concern, Most of  your worries are resolved.

If you are going to delete the prod. objects entirely related to your App. under development, make sure there is no dependency/effect on the development you have done in sandbox. 

And... follow a sequence of deployment in the order of dependency

- Custom Objects 

- Custom fields

- Work flows

- Any other config related artifacts.

- Code 

bozotheclownbozotheclown

Thanks for both replies.  Much appreciated.