function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DSimpsonDSimpson 

Conditional highlighting in reports

I don't know exactly where to post this, so here it is....

I woud like to have a custom object report that takes the value of a field (#red, #yellow, or #green) and highlights the background of that record in that colour, in the report. It's not a summary field; it's a field that would be set by the record owner. It's intended to make it easier for the execs to zoom in on which records are in trouble.

Any idea of how to do this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay

Aaaah, how about this

I have heard that you could use images in formula fields, so if the value is Red use a red image ,... and so on

But, will it show in the report?? I'm not sure

All Answers

Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay

You will have to use a summary field...

Create a formula field of type Number, the formula would  be like when (red is selected = 1, when green its 2, when yellow its 3)

Hide this field from the page layout, include it in the report and then you could do conditional highlighting...

I've not tried this, so not sure if it would work..

Let me know if it does

DSimpsonDSimpson

That was a great start, but it only colours the Sum of the number field in the report, not the field itself.

Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay

Aaaah, how about this

I have heard that you could use images in formula fields, so if the value is Red use a red image ,... and so on

But, will it show in the report?? I'm not sure

This was selected as the best answer
DSimpsonDSimpson

It worked fantastically! I created a field that used IF clauses to test the value of the Status field. Then I used the IMAGE function to display colour .jpg files that were stored in the Documents area, using H and W of 20 and 50. I put the field in the report, and it worked!

Thank you!

supriya pathak28supriya pathak28
Highlight field values on summary or matrix reports based on ranges and colors you specify. To enable conditional highlighting, your report must contain at least one summary field or custom summary formula.

Click Show | Conditional Highlighting in report builder, then set the breakpoint values and their range colors