function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Apex_LearnerApex_Learner 

Eclipse - Spring '12

Using Eclipse Helios version 1.3, Java 1.6, and the Force.com IDE plugin (eclipse is also used for java development)

In my development environment, I can't seem to upgrade to API version 24, only version 23.  I've tried both updating from Eclipse and from the Force.com start page.

I'm sure i'm missing something obvious - any help is appreciated....

JeffStevensJeffStevens

I'm pretty sure you can just type in the apiVersion on the Metadata object. 

(Open the ...meta.xml file that is named the same as your class.  Expand ApexClass on the Left and just double click on the right side of "apiVersion", and change it to 24.)

Apex_LearnerApex_Learner

I'm sure I don't understand SF as well as I should - I see that would get my custom classes (the ones I have saved in the web environment did download into Eclispse as version 24).

However, are there new standard objects in versions 24?  When I "refresh" the Eclipse environment, a message indicating it's going back to a SF site tagged as "v23" is displayed, and I can't see anywhere in Eclipse to change the SF site it uses as a source to copy the standard office schema.

For example, if I understand the schema correctly, version 24 should expose the standard object "ObjectPermissions", but I'm unable to access it (it isn't visible in the Eclipse interface at all, and anonymous Apex calls don't find it).

Sorry for the beginner questions....

Apex_LearnerApex_Learner

Any other suggestions about this?  I've uninstalled and re-installed the Force.com plugin.

The suggested installation URL,  http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/

seems to point to API version 23, and not 24

(?)

clamshellclamshell

you MAY need to update to the latest version of the IDE:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Updating_the_Force.com_IDE