function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeffStevensJeffStevens 

Contract expiration notice to someone other than contract owner?

I have contract expiration notice turned on for account and contract owners.  However, I would like my Office manager to get notified instead of the contract owner.  Is that possible?  Or would I need to create a specific apex class to do it?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kent ManningKent Manning

We did this by truning off the auto notification and then building time based workflow rules and email updated to sent the notices to various people.  You don't have to use Apex to accomplish it.  One thing that I did need to do was to create a hidden formula field to calculate and record the date of number days before the expiration date the individual wanted to receive the notice. Then I could "trigger" my workflow off of that date to send notice to others and not the contract owener. I also had to use a logic formula that evaluated to true in my work flow rule critera rather than using Salesforce's standard fields. But using a couple of "tricks" I was able to do this with workflow.

All Answers

Kent ManningKent Manning

We did this by truning off the auto notification and then building time based workflow rules and email updated to sent the notices to various people.  You don't have to use Apex to accomplish it.  One thing that I did need to do was to create a hidden formula field to calculate and record the date of number days before the expiration date the individual wanted to receive the notice. Then I could "trigger" my workflow off of that date to send notice to others and not the contract owener. I also had to use a logic formula that evaluated to true in my work flow rule critera rather than using Salesforce's standard fields. But using a couple of "tricks" I was able to do this with workflow.

This was selected as the best answer
JeffStevensJeffStevens

Great -  Thanks.

That's almost exactly what I wound up doing.

Anuhya DondapatiAnuhya Dondapati
Hello @Kent Manning ,
Can you please ellaborate the hidden formula field that you've created and the logic formula that evaluated your workfloe crtieria? I'm trying to create the same time based workflow but it doesnt trigger unless therecord is edited manually everytime.