function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ajitvermaajitverma 

How can I capture Support Email address on Case record

Hi,

In Email-to-case scenario, I want to store support email address on case record. This is to identify the email address to which customer has sent email as there are multiple support email addresses provided to customers.

One solution I see is to get the address from EmailMessage record by writing a trigger. Is there any other work-around to get this done?

Thanks

A

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The "Case Origin" field can be set to a specific value per each email address. This is the normal way to capture the source based on email address. You could also set up a Workflow Rule Field Update to set a custom field to a certain value based on the Case Origin field.

ajitvermaajitverma

Again here I am not able to get the support email address on case record.

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

What he is saying is that you can create a specific origin for the specific e-mail address in which the case was created.

I have over 15 email to case addresses, mine are based on region, so for my APAC address for orders I have a specific orgin of E-mail O/A APAC that is used when the case is create from that address. Another address for EMEA would look like the E-Mail O/A EMEA.

No it doesnt give you the actuall address, but you know that the e-mail was used in a Case Origin report.

PB

vespavespa

try using a email handler and there insert the origin into the case....