function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ksparkspar 

Axis 1.2 & java1.5 - no sobject/ID.java

I'm not an axis expert... but I tried switching to 1.2 so I could use java1.5(tiger).

Now my compiles are gag'ing on missing objects, primarily sobject/ID.java.

Also, I noticed _SessionHeader.java is now SessionHeader.java

I'm I missing an option I should be using with 1.2axis?  Never seen this behavior before.

Thanks, David

SuperfellSuperfell
The Axis folks made a bunch of breaking changes from 1.1 to 1.2, it won't be a simple re-compile job, as you've already seen. the ID class is gone, Axis no longer generates wrapper classes for restrictions of simple types, the generated class now just use String for the ID type. And as you've also seen, the naming convention for some classes has changed (the leading _ has gone).
ksparkspar
Thanks Simon... so is there another path to using Java 1.5 (without the -source="1.4"
option)? It's the enum collisions that see to be _the_ issue.

David
SuperfellSuperfell
As far as i know you need to move to Axis 1.2, or go back and build yourself a custom Axis 1.1 with the relevant classes renamed.
ksparkspar
I was wondering if the folks at salesforce (or anywhere else) were thinking
about providing a paper on how to migrate to Java 1.5 and the new Axis.
Our product is moving to 1.5 and, as we integrate with sforce for updating
customer account content, this is starting to look a little ugly.

Perhaps a blog.sforce entry from somebody who's been there, done that?
David
ksparkspar
Thanks Simon... if that's all there is to it, cool...
BTW, did 1.2.1 fix the id/any issue you call out in
the blog?

"... however if you include Id in your field list,
this will not appear in the Any collection..."

David
SuperfellSuperfell
No, but it is fixed in the upcoming 1.3 release, and the 1.3 release will also include built support for GZIP compression (it just needs turning on).
choichoi
I'm using axis 1.3 and if I query "select Id, Name from Account" I get Id back in the get_any() call.
However, if "Id" is not in the beginning of the query-list, ie. "select Name, Id from Account", the Id does not get returned.
Is this still a known bug or does Id always have to be first in a query-list if it is included?

Thanks
SuperfellSuperfell
Sounds like there's still a bug in axis.