function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JamesDavisonJamesDavison 

Only able to view owned records in a report, despite being the SysAdmin

Hey Folks, I'm new to SF, so I apologize if this is an obvious problem, but I've been unable to find a solution through searching.

I have a simple customer object with a few custom fields, the data for which is entered by a basic user. I am the SysAdmin, and have read/write access to everything. In views of this custom object, I can see all of the records, but in creating based on the data in this custom object, only those records that I own appear in the report. I've tried everything I can think of, removing any filtering options from the report, making sure that my user account is SysAdmin and that my access rights are universal, but I can't seem to find the solution.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

--Jim 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
zen_njzen_nj

Silly question, but in the "Select your report criteria" Step, under the "Standard Filter" section (not the Advanced Filter section), there is a View column that by default would have the "My record" instead of the "All record" option.

Is your view set to "My" instead of "All"?

All Answers

zen_njzen_nj

Silly question, but in the "Select your report criteria" Step, under the "Standard Filter" section (not the Advanced Filter section), there is a View column that by default would have the "My record" instead of the "All record" option.

Is your view set to "My" instead of "All"?

This was selected as the best answer
JamesDavisonJamesDavison
Hah! Nope, not a silly question given my apparent lack of observational skills. Thanks!