function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ScoutPScoutP 

Data Dictionary Containing Field Label and APEX Field Name

Has anyone developed an export to pull a data dictionary that contains the Salesforce Field Label and corresponding APEX Field Name for all standard and custom objects in an org. 

Or, if you already have in excel/CSV format with standard APEX Field Names and Field Labels, that would be great.

I've tried the APEX Data Loader 17 and APEX Explorer 8.0 to no avail--they only show the APEX Field Names.

Thus far, the best way to do is to run Data Loader Exports and Report Exports for each object and match the two extracts together in one spreadsheet.  (Very manual process.)

The other way is to go into each individual field to view the information. (Even more manual and tedious.)

There is an IdeaExchange example of this:  http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/64543

Message Edited by ScoutP on 09-28-2009 01:49 PM
Message Edited by ScoutP on 09-28-2009 02:18 PM
jkljkl

Data Dictionary is available under Force.com IDE 'workspace/YourProjectName/src/objects' folder. These are all files with object extension. The way i did it was to import one of the files into excel and create a xml map(schema). You can then drag and drop the nodes in the xml into your worksheet. This would give you the columns you need (Field Name, Labels, Required etc.). Once this is done import all the other files into the same worksheet. 

Wish I could post a video message, its easier to understand that way.

GoodGrooveGoodGroove

In combination with the Force.com IDE you should check out Christopher's ForceField App, which generates a .xls from the .object files stored in the Eclipse Workspace

http://developer.force.com/codeshare/apex/ProjectPage?id=a0630000003tAmHAAU

Sebastian 

ScoutPScoutP

Thanks jkl, this appears to just provide the field names, not the labels, however, I am a novice at the IDE.  I don't suppose you already did this for the standard objects and could post the spreadsheet.

SFRichSFRich

Checkout 'EasyDescribe' by Etherios in the App Exchange.  It's free.

PrasadKPrasadK
Thank you @SFRich. Field Dumper did do the trick and it is free