function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chikpeachikpea 

Attachment download issue

We want to use the Excel Connector to download the PDF Attachments. After the download, whole attachment data is copied in BODY column. How can we create the attachment file again from that BODY column data?

chikpeachikpea
Some more information found - if we download the attachment using Apex Dataloader, it can be decoded to PDF again without any problem.

But if the Excel Connector for PE is used, the BODY data gets truncated, henceforth can't be decoded to PDF, seems to be a Connector bug.
werewolfwerewolf

The stuff in the BODY column is Base64 encoded.  You'll have to unencode it somehow, plus keep it from getting truncated.

Frankly I think you're using the wrong tool for the job.  I don't see how it makes sense to try to have the Excel Connector decode binary files.  I don't think that's a bug, it's just not meant to do that.

chikpeachikpea

The reason behind using the Excel Connector is, Professional Edition doesn't support Data Loader tool.

If I decode the body using Data Loader, it works fine. But if we use Excel Connector then Body can't be decoded.

I checked the Body, I think connector is not downloading the Body completely, it's truncating.

Thanks

Bhaskar

werewolfwerewolf
Well, regardless, that's not really what the Excel Connector is used for so I don't think you'll have a lot of luck with that.  If you're downloading attachments from Cases and Emails try Case Detachifier -- it works on PE.
chikpeachikpea

Case Detachifier is not really solution for us, as we have to download multiple attachments (like invoices) at a time.

SFDC is also looking at this issue of Excel Connector.

Thanks

Bhaskar