function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
k209310k209310 

Outbound Messaging

Hi there

Im am trying to setup an outbound message listener for the first time and Im running in to some difficulties. Currently we have an outbound message setup on the onSave event of the opportunity. This is all fine, when we save an opportunity then the message is created and sent as expected (well it appears in the delivery status queue).

The problem we are getting is that im not too sure if the message is ever recieved by our server.  In the message queue we get the following message "org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize" Is this message generated by salesfore or is this returned from our server?  If this is returned from our server does anyone have any idea whats going on?

The object we are calling is NotificationBindingImpl.jws (as generated from the WSDL file). the notifications method simply executes a log4j info method call. The log4j jar is on the classpath and the other salesforce objecs created by the wsdl are in the classes directory of the axis web-inf folder so every object im referencing is on the class path.

If I make a call to the jws file through the url http://localhost/axis/NotificationBindingImpl.jws?WSDL then  I am presented with the xml for the NotificationBindingImpl.jws file.

Any advice on this is happily recieved.

Thanks

Chris

Message Edited by k209310 on 02-05-2007 03:23 PM

Message Edited by k209310 on 02-05-2007 03:23 PM

Message Edited by k209310 on 02-05-2007 03:24 PM

SuperfellSuperfell
If your app server logging won't tell you what's going on, then a capture of the request message from salesforce.com, and your servers response will be the first step on the road to sucess. There's a ton of tools for doing this (ethereal, tcptrace, yatt, soapscope), SOAPScope is pretty useful, as it'll capture the request/response validate it against the WSDL, let you reply the requests to do testing etc.
JulsJuls
Hi Chris,

I am having similar problem as you.

Kindly assist me in this matter, please
1) could you tell me how you overcome this problem?

Thank you.

Best regards
JS