function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gyip31gyip31 

Cost Per Field Formula - Quote Line Item Custom Fields

Hi,

I would like a Quote Line Item Custom Field formula that will give me the cost per item after discount (Total Price / Quantity)

For some reason i cant get the a formula to work.

Thanks,

gary

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Where are you storing this 'Total Price' field and 'Quantity' fields.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

gyip31gyip31
I'm storing them in Quote Line Item Standard Fields. Thanks
Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Can you let me know the formula that you have created?

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

gyip31gyip31
I dont have a formula, I need one. I i cant get line item Total Price as a merge field for the formula. the formula should be something like Quantity / Total Price. How do i get total price working in the formula? thanks
CaseySCaseyS

I am having the same exact issue. When trying to create a currency custom field and apply a formula to calculate Total Price / Quanity, it doesn't work. It gives an error "Error: Field TotalPrice may not be used in this type of formula". Please help. Even a workaround would be OK.

Chad RalstonChad Ralston
In case anyone is still interested in this topic:

Total Price does not appear to be a field that can be inserted into formulas, but you can create a Custom Field within the Quote Line Items object that calculates Total Price as follows:

( (  Quantity *  PricebookEntry.UnitPrice * (1 -  Discount ) )

For example, I wanted to calculate margin AFTER discounts were applied, so I created the following formula Custom Field within the Quote Line Items object:

( (  Quantity *  PricebookEntry.UnitPrice * (1 -  Discount ) ) - CUSTOM_COST_FIELD ) / ( PricebookEntry.UnitPrice *  Quantity ) .

I created the CUSTOM_COST_FIELD by creating a Custom Field that multiplies UnitPrice * (1 - Margin).