function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Phil WaltonPhil Walton 

Sandbox is Spring '13, and Production is Winter '13...will I have any issues with Change Sets?

Hi All

My Sandbox has just gone to Spring '13, and Production is on Winter '13.

I remember in the past that there would be issues when Production and Sandbox were on different releases. Do you know if this is still an issue? 

I think I came across this when moving config/code between the two, I wonder is it now resolved?

Thanks

Phil

RoyGiladRoyGilad

Hi Phil,

When the sandbox and production are in diffrent version you should keeo in mind two things:

1) (the obvious) You can't deploy features that were developed in the newest version because they will not be supported 

2) If you create new components (e.g. classes, triggers) you should make sure that in the meta-data of the class the version is no grater then production version

Hope that helps

Rakesh BoddepalliRakesh Boddepalli

Good luck with this Phil !! There's always an issue with migrating the changes the from upgraded sandbox to production Org. If you have the liberty to create a new sandbox from Prod, I recommend doing a trail run there before deploying to production.

Phil WaltonPhil Walton

Hi All

Just to let you know the outcome of my attempts yesterday...surprisingly they all went fine, and the change set installed fine into Production.

Although it may be because the change set contents were uploaded while both Orgs were on Winter '13 (even though the instal was while Prod was Winter '13, and Sandbox was Spring '13).

Phil

Rakesh BoddepalliRakesh Boddepalli

That's Great, Luck you .

Checked the spring '13 release notes, there no changes to permission sets and profiles this time. That's one of the reasons.

Please mark your response as the solution , as others will get benefitted.