function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dev.shiv1.3478599680068948E12dev.shiv1.3478599680068948E12 

unable to log into salesforce, can not reset password for single sign on users

Hi,

I enabled delegated authentication in my salesforce administrator account. I just enabled delegated authentication in single sign on settings and for the system admin profile and did not follow the procedure for the delegated authentication.

While logging into my account next dat its showing an error as "Your company's Single Sign-On configuration is invalid. Please contact the administrator at your company for more information."  How could I log back into my salesforce???

Even if I try to reset my password its showing a message as "can not reset password for single sign on users". 

Please any solutions could be appreciated..

Thanks

-

shiva

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

I think you need to open case with SFDC to reset your password or unlock your user.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

I already filed a case... In reply I received mail as follows:

Dear Customer,

This is an automated email response for a support case opened withSalesforce. A case may have been generated from an email you sentrequesting help with a Salesforce password or as a result of an auto-reply from an out-of-office or similar messageIf you are not trying to reset yourpassword please ignore this email.

If you are trying to reset your password please utilize the “forgot password” link found on https://login.salesforce.com.

Please note that you must contact your Salesforce System Administrator directly for further assistance related to password support, account locks or other account access issues, our customer support team will NOT be acting on or responding to this email.

If your organization uses Single Sign-On you (SSO) you must contact your Administrator or Internal Helpdesk to reset your password or unlock your account.

If your request is not related to passwords or account access please log into your Salesforce account and contact support using the options present in the customer support help portal. Once logged into your account click “Help & Training” in the upper right and the “Contact Support” button on the subsequent page to see your support options.

For future reference you will find a number of articles, for both users and administrators, with helpful information on issues related to passwords in our help and training portal.

To help further we also have a brief video on password resets.

Thank you for contacting Salesforce.

Regards,
Salesforce.com Customer Support

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Ask any other user (System Admin) to unlock your user in your organization.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

I enabled single sign on for the system admin profile. So no one can access any account.

rohitrrohitr

From another admin's login, type this command in Developer Console.

System.setPassword(Id, 'YourPassword');

where Id is the id of the user for whom you want to reset password.

Your Password will be ur new password. (In quotes)

Could you please try this?

I cannot access both the admins. I enabled single sign on for the system admin profile. So can not login for all the admins.