function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kerwintangkerwintang 

"Submit for Approval" for Master-Detail Page Layout from Managed Package

Hi,

I have a managed package with a Master-Detail relationship (both Custom Objects), and for some reason when I install the Managed Package in the Partner Development Org (Enterprise Edition), that Detail Custom Object's page layout has "Submit for Approval" button by default. We don't need that. This happens to all Detail Custom Objects. Would anyone know the reason why it's there by default, and how to remove it automatically when installing the Package?

Thanks and Regards,

Kerwin

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

I think you are getting this button from the package itself. You can remove this button the detail page by going to its page layout and remove button from the page layout and save the page layout.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

kerwintangkerwintang

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the detail's page layout in the package already does not have the Submit for Approval button, but when we install it in the package, it's still included by default.

Here's a similar question, but the answer is not here:

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Submit-for-approval-button-for-all-custom-objects/td-p/480559

The user simply removed the button from the layout AFTER installing the package; what i want is for the button to be removed automatically upon installation.. why is it included in the first place?

Thanks and Regards,

Kerwin

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

For your question , why the button is there , you need to check your package org.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri