function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sushma_RaoSushma_Rao 

How to show a vf page on the first installation of the managed package?

Hi,

I want to show the vf page on the first installation of the managed package, or it can be the custom setting page should open up on installation, where the user will add all the custom settings on the first installation.

Is this possible, how can I do this?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sushma

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

As per my understanding you want to the end user to enter all custom settings in the application while installing the application itself.

Is it correct ? if yes , I think it is not possible to open a VF page on first installation, but you can directly create the entries in to custom settings while installing the application itself.

global interface InstallHandler {
  void onInstall(InstallContext context)
};

Go through the below link for more details.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_install_handler.htm

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

Sushma_RaoSushma_Rao

Thanks for the quick reply.

But custom settings will be received on the client end in the package, so I do not need to create them.

I want to allow the user installing the package to add in the settings. Is this possible by some other way?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sushma

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Yes this can be possible to show a vf page for first time only  for the client user enters the custom settings. When the client user again logs in to the application in the later stage this vf page will not be visible. For this we need to add some apex code.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

Sushma_RaoSushma_Rao

Hi,

I am not able to open a page just after the installaton is done, can you provide more detials of how this can be done.

(in the install handler or by some other way). I am new to salesforce, can you provide more details  of how this can be done

Please help,