function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RadnipRadnip 

SSLHandshakeException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Came in this morning and Force.com IDE has started erroring whenever I've tried doing any saving/loading/logging in etc with the server saying:

Unable to update project properties:

Unable to create connection to server 

SSLHandshakeException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

https://twitter.com/radnip/status/292241361418194944/photo/1

Something is up with the certifiate path but no idea why its suddenly gone wrong. Another developer is fine connecting to the same sandbox. Any ideas?

RadnipRadnip

Fixed. **bleep** update to ESET switched on a bizarre SSL filtering via an ESET certificate which was confusing the hell out of anything that runs in java. Phew.

Krishna SambarajuKrishna Sambaraju
Hi Radnip,

I am having a similar problem when trying to create a new project or open a class in existing project in eclipse. Could you explain how you resolved it? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Krishna.
RadnipRadnip
Blimey that takes me back :) Yes it was my Virus Scanner. What it was doing was intercepting the SSL connection and using its own SSL certificate (which Eclipse didn't like). I just disabled the SSL security part on the virus scanner and everything was fine.