function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
danpkerdanpker 

Force.com IDE Issues

Hi, 

I am having a weird problem with the Force.com IDE.

Creating a project is fine, my credentials work and everything is downloaded from the server. However, after that I can't do anything, whenever I open a class or page, etc it says that my credentials are wrong and won't let me deploy to the server. The weird part is that when it asks me to input my details to deploy, it all works fine and gets deployed normally. It's almost as if it keeps forgetting my details for some reason...

On the project properties page my password, security token are blank, even if I put them in and reopen the properties it's blank again.

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Yes that is the intended behaviour of the Force.com IDE, when ever you want to deploy to the server you need to give the credentials , these credentials will be not be stored in Force.com IDE.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

danpkerdanpker

Is it supposed to give an error every time I open a file?

Guna SevugapperumalGuna Sevugapperumal

Hi,

1) Backup your project and close your IDE

2) Try to reset your security token

3) login with new token and do a refresh from server

4) Create one simple class and try to deploy and see if it works.

Guna

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

No I don't think so, I will not give error every time, try to close the project and exit from the IDE and try to login in again.

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

danpkerdanpker

I've managed to fix this problem by installing the Force.com IDE as a standalone application rather than a plugin for Eclipse.