function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gengen 

Missing Organization Feature: Email2Case

Hi,

When i am trying to install the Email2CasePremium free trial version into salesforce, At package installation getting Missing Organization Feature: Email2Case. How to solve this.

Any help be appreciated.

Thanks...

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Gen,

Looks like the email to case feature is not enabled in your Org.
Check that out on the path below,
Setup | App Setup | Cases | Email-to-Case | Edit | Enable Email-to-Case | Save.

Regards,
Ashish
If your question is answered, please mark this post as Solved.

All Answers

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Gen,

Looks like the email to case feature is not enabled in your Org.
Check that out on the path below,
Setup | App Setup | Cases | Email-to-Case | Edit | Enable Email-to-Case | Save.

Regards,
Ashish
If your question is answered, please mark this post as Solved.

This was selected as the best answer
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Please nevigate :- 

Setup | App Setup | Cases | Email-to-Case | Edit | Enable Email-to-Case 

gengen

Hi,

Now I have installed the Email to case premium in my dev.

But i m not getting how to use that... can u share any links how to use the email to case premium.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Heya,

Here you go, Link to get you started: It has the complete tutorial for email to case Premium :

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL26ADBA915782A0A4

Just wondering why you are not using the email to case on demand functionality provided by Salesforce..any specific reasons?

gengen

Hi,

Is that email to case on demand functionality is allows us do CaseCreation and Receiving functionality.... Because we need both case creation and Receiving functionalities...

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Gen,

With email to case on demand, you can have the following in the ORG:

Your customers can send an Email to the Email to case address(say a support address for example support@salesforce.com) and this will be created as a  case  in your ORG.

For this to happen, you just need to do the following:

1)Create a email to case address.

2)Verify this email address - save the salesforce generated Service address.

3)Setup a forwarding from your to case address to go..

Customers can send mails to your email to case address and it will auto generate cases in your ORG..

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Gen, 

If a new email is sent to the Email to case address it creates a new Case, then the corresponding emails on that email thread are added to the same case. This is based on the Email to case thread ID. 

See below links for more information,

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/setting_up_email-to-case.htm

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/customizesupport_email_to_case_settings.htm

Regards,

Ashish

gengen

Hi Raj,

Now I am trying to send email manually...Customize>cases>pagelayout>Edit on PageLayout name.

From Related List drag and drop the email. And I found that "send email" option is disabled........

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Gen, 

Are you trying to send an email form case? 

Or are you trying to edit the page layout?

Regards,

Ashish

gengen

Hi Ashish,

when I am trying to send email from Case "Send Email" is enabled and For Lookup I didnt get any mails for To option. I have created Emai id in the Routing Address. do I need any thing to make visible the of email ids in "TO option".

I have one more doubt that I need to create cases based on send email. Is the above way which i am folllowing is  the correct to create cases ?

Thanks....

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Gen, 

The Email2Case feature is used for External Users to Send an email to the Support email address and automatically a case gets created with the Email Subject as Case Subject, Email Description as Case Description and Sender Email is looked up to your Contacts and Contact name is populated etc. 

I am not sure what is the Routing Address that you are talking about. 

In the Send Email Look up you can find all your contacts. 

If i understand correctly you are using send email from Case Object to Create the Email to Case but in that case you will be the Case Contact and You can send it to the Support Email Address configured for Email to Case by manually typing the Support Email to Case address. 

Regards,

Ashish