function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sujesh RamachandranSujesh Ramachandran 

Display Case Comments Manager in a Report

Hi,

Could anyone guide me to create a report which displays a column as Case Comments Manager Name. 

Thanks,

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sujesh, 

Did not quite understand "Case Comment Manager Name" is it a custom field in your Org?

Regards,

Ashish

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

This can only be display if it is field I dont think it should be but if you have any custon field then you can add it in to layout of Report Type

Hi Ashish,

I have a report created using Out of box report type(Cases). In that can I be able to display Manager Name of the case comments owner, In case I have a hierarchy relation in User Ohject.

Thanks,

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sujesh, 

From th eout of the Box report type the User's Manager cannot be added.

However If you create a Field on the Case Object that displays the Manager Name with a Formula Field then that field will be available to be added to reports. 

Regards,

Ashish

If your question is answerred, Please mark this post as Solved. 

Hi Ashish,

Since one to many relation exist betweenn case and case comments. A case can have more than one comments. so if I create a field in case, only last created case comments manager detail will be there.

Please share if any other solution exist.

Regards,

Sujesh

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sujesh,

If I understand your requirement clearly, you have to track the Manager of the User who ever entered the comment and that might not be the case Owner. 

There is no way that the case Comment Manager can be populated on the case via the declatarive functionality. 

You may try using a apex class to identify the Case Comment Owner and Pull the Manager. 

You would need the report with Comment User and the respective manager which is not possible in report as well. 

The only way to achieve this is by updating fields on Case and Dragging them in Reports, but again we cannot assume the total number of Comments to be tracked. 

Let me know if there is something i am missing. 

Regards,

Ashish

Thanks Ashish,

As you said, "Case Comment created By's Manager" is not available for the reporting if I use Out of box Cases Report Type.

Here are some findings, "Case Comment Last Modified By's Manager" Details arie available for reporting if I create a custom report type where in primary object as case and related object as case comments.

But strange thing is Case comment created by's manager details are not available for reporting even if i go for custom report but case comment last modifed by's manager details are available.

Regards,

Sujesh