function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sourav046sourav046 

Insufficient Privileges issue while user has View All/Modify All access on Account

Well i have found a weird issue in my business org..

I have an Account id say X .

I am querying the record from Workbench (select Name from Account where id='X') .That runs fine and returns me 1 record .

Now i am trying to query  (select Name,External_ID from Account where id='X') .....it returns me 0 record .

I have tried to put the id in salesforce url but it says 'Insuffiecient priviliges blah blah...'

Provided the profile of my user has  View All/Modify All permission on Account object .Also i can access other records of the same record type which the X account has .

Could someone tell me how did they do this ?

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sourav, 

Try [select Name,External_ID, ID from Account where id='X'] if this works. 

Regards,

Ashish

sourav046sourav046

Nope i tried it already it does not work.

I want to know  how they restricted a record while i have View All permission .

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sourav, 

Is the user able to View that specific Account Record in Salesforce? Or its also giving the same error.

Regards,

Ashish

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

first thing would like to bring that this should not occure you are puttin id in URL properly 

1. Make sure this id record should exists ( which you confirmed in your first query)

2. after putting id your URL should like this https://na4.salesforce.com/XXXXXXXXXXXX 

where XXXXXXXXXXXX  is your id this may be of 15 or 18 characters.

3. Please let me know your URL

sourav046sourav046
@Ashish : Yes i can see other records of the same record type.I was able to query the recordtypeid of that particular account and i can see other Account records of same record type.

@Sandeep :Yes the id url format was fine because otherwise it would through 'Data not available...' or 'URL no longer exists ..' error rather than 'Insufficient privileges.....' right ?????

My user has no Role so OWD settings does not apply.
Could anyone tell me is there anything to Override View All/Modify All permission on profile ?

Is it something like Permission Sets or anything ?
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sourav, 

Please check if you have any look up fields in the Account Object to which that user may not have Access. 

Regards,

Ashish