function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RevJoelRevJoel 

View Cases Created by Me

I am attempting to create a view on Cases of cases that I have created who are owned by someone other than myself.

My thought is to check the 'My Cases' radio button, but that won't work since it says 'Filter by Owner'

This view needs to be seen by my entire Customer Care team so it needs to work for each of them. Any ideas?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
TejTej

not sure if this issue resolved or not, there is a work around for this 

1) Create a custom formula field - IF(CreatedById = $User.Id , 1, 0) in the object where u want to create the list view

2) in list view criteria add - my formula field -  equals - 1

let me know if you still have any issues.

All Answers

TejTej

You can set the view criteria as -- createdby equals your name (eg: John Doe)

that works.

RevJoelRevJoel

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, that would work for me, but since you have to put a specific value in the field (ie. John Doe), it won't work for other users and I cannot make the view available to all.

Is there a value I can enter there such as 'ME' or 'SELF' or something that would make it applicable to the person who is using the view to look at cases they created that are owned by someone else?

I hope that makes sense.

TejTej

createdby equals UserInfo.getUserId() 

createdby equals UserInfo.getName()

One of this will work to show the cases created by logged in user.

RevJoelRevJoel

How can you possibly use that field reference as a view criterion? I just attempted it and it no likey.

Thanks for your help!

TejTej

not sure if this issue resolved or not, there is a work around for this 

1) Create a custom formula field - IF(CreatedById = $User.Id , 1, 0) in the object where u want to create the list view

2) in list view criteria add - my formula field -  equals - 1

let me know if you still have any issues.

This was selected as the best answer
RevJoelRevJoel

That worked beautifully! Thanks so much for everyone's help. One side note question: I had to add the field to the Case Layout in order to run a filter on it. Is there a way to hide it from view so users don't say, "Hey, you added a new field. What is this?" Thanks.

DunDun
RevJoel, you don't have to add the field to the layout.  When creating the field, just check the box to give each profile that needs it "Visible" option.  Then, in the next step, uncheck the box to add the field to the layout.