function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MeerMeer 

Assigning Rights to the User

Hi..

I have an object named as 'Periods', I want some of my specific users to edit the records which  have already been created by the Administrator, where as New Records can only be created by the Administrator. I don't know how to achieve this, I guess its simple but actually I am new to Salesforce so don't know much of the option.

Please help!

Thanks,

Meer

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Shukla_AnkitShukla_Ankit

Hello,

For this for which user you want that these only edit the record and admin only create record not user

then go to the user profile edit in Custom Object Permissions section and update the access of 'periods' object only select the check box read and edit.

Then those user only edit the record for this object not create or delete.

If you not able to edit standard profile then create permission set define the permission and assign to user or create custom profile by cloning of standard profile then set all permission and then assign to user.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

Thanks...

All Answers

Shukla_AnkitShukla_Ankit

Hello,

For this for which user you want that these only edit the record and admin only create record not user

then go to the user profile edit in Custom Object Permissions section and update the access of 'periods' object only select the check box read and edit.

Then those user only edit the record for this object not create or delete.

If you not able to edit standard profile then create permission set define the permission and assign to user or create custom profile by cloning of standard profile then set all permission and then assign to user.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

Thanks...

This was selected as the best answer
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi Meer,

Please change the Profile Permission for Period object.

Create a Custom Profile.

For Period object, you will have to give Edit permission and remove Create permission.

Assign this profile to User.

This  permission allow user to edit records but not to create any record of Period object.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks,

Devendra