function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ptepperptepper 

Can't log into Force.com Explorer

I'm trying to log into a production edition and keep getting this error:

Login failed: INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I know my username, password and security token are all working because I'm logging in with the IDE and I'm not locked out. The login attempts are not showing up in the Login History at all. 

Anyone know what the issue is?

I'm using v0.58A with Adobe Air v3.1.0.4880.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SabrentSabrent

I had the same problem, I got around by Right Clicking on Force.Com Explorer and then clicking Run As ..

I believe it is Run As Administartor or just Run As and then you enter your username and pwd. After that whenever I have logged in I could login in without any issue.

All Answers

AmitSahuAmitSahu

Is it hitting the right instance ?  Such as test.salesforce.com / login.salesforce.com .....

ptepperptepper

Thanks, but no, that's not the problem, the instance is correct. In fact, I've tried both sandboxes and production instances with the correct passwords and security tokens.

I've used the tool hundreds of times, it just stopped working all of the sudden.

AmitSahuAmitSahu

Any firewall activity , which is blocking connection from this application ?

ptepperptepper

Nope, I temporarily disabled my firewall to see if that was it. The error message pops up instantly, happens so fast that it doesn't seem like it's attempting to make the connection at all.

AmitSahuAmitSahu

Anything in the logfile ?

SabrentSabrent

I had the same problem, I got around by Right Clicking on Force.Com Explorer and then clicking Run As ..

I believe it is Run As Administartor or just Run As and then you enter your username and pwd. After that whenever I have logged in I could login in without any issue.

This was selected as the best answer
ptepperptepper

That was it - Run as Administrator worked. It's weird because used to work without doing that and then it just stopped, so I didn't think of that. 

Thanks for your help.

-paul

Nathe37216Nathe37216

I have the same issue trying to login to a developer edition account.  Run as Administrator doesn't work for me.