function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MRosiMRosi 

Reorder object listing in Create > Objects

Hello,

I am developing a custom app in force.com and since the first version is in Japanese, the object names are also Japanese.

The listing of my objects that appears when you go to Create > Objects in the app builder is difficult to use; it shows unused standard English objects at the top, and my own custom objects in Japanese are not arranged in a meaningful order. I would like to reorder them so they match my entity diagram's connections somewhat so I don't have to hunt around every time I go to this page.

How can I customize the order in which my custom objects appear to the developer (me) in the Create > Objects page?

Thank you,

Matt Rosin

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Hi Matt,

I do not think we can edit the page you are talking about. But if you do not want the unused English object which is default provided by salesforce, you can uninstall them by :

Setup > App Setup >  View Install Package > Uninstall the package provided by salesforce.

Now the objects created by you are already being sorted in ascending order. We can not change that view I guess.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Hi Matt,

I do not think we can edit the page you are talking about. But if you do not want the unused English object which is default provided by salesforce, you can uninstall them by :

Setup > App Setup >  View Install Package > Uninstall the package provided by salesforce.

Now the objects created by you are already being sorted in ascending order. We can not change that view I guess.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

This was selected as the best answer
MRosiMRosi

Hi Ankit,

Thank you very much for your great responses.

I got feedback from Salesforce Support. It can't be done and they recommended I submit an Idea so I am now.

Best regards,

Matt

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Great! So if my solution is also correct then can you please mark it as a solution.

Thanks

Ankit Arora