function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TrickTrick 

Picklist and dependent Picklist issues

I am migrating from source to the destination instance.I have picklist and dependedent picklist in the source instance.I have to replicate same in the destination instance.
In the source instance when I select record type,account page opens and then picklist automatically gets populated with some default value.As a result of that,dependent picklist becomes available for selection.
I am not able to set up default value for the picklist in the destination instance.I want to select record type in the destination and then click on the new button and then page opens which should automatically pop default value for the picklist and hence dependent picklist becomes available for selection .
Please tell me how to set default value for the picklist 
Am I suppose to write some code.I do not want  to write any code ,please tell me if its possible in salesforce.

mtbclimbermtbclimber

I removed the duplicate post from the Apex discussion board.  If you want a no code solution this is the place to post and start your request.

super developersuper developer

You can set default value without using code

Go to object and select the picklist field.

below it shows the values of picklist there you have check box for default check that one then it will display deafult when open page