function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amol GujareAmol Gujare 

Full Sandbox refresh question

Hi :

I would like to refresh full sandbox from production but we don;t want to refresh User object. I guess when we refresh full sandbox it will delete existing users from sandbox and create new user in sandbox as per production.

We had created couple of users in Full sandbox in addition to existing users from production enviornment.

is it possible? Any suggestions

Thanks

Amol Gujare

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

You could take a dataloader export of the existing users from your sandbox, and then upsert them back in after the refresh. THat should let you hold on to the users you've created additionally.

Amol GujareAmol Gujare

So sandbox refresh means it will delete all data from existing sandbox and overwrite the copy from production. We have 100000 leads in sandbox , will it ovewrite production copy by deleteing entire 100000 leads

yes, a refresh from production will wipe-out any existing stuff and refresh from production.

Amol GujareAmol Gujare

Thanks for all your help.

Do you know if we can convert Full sandbox to Developer or Configuration Sandbox. I can delete the data from full sandbox to make it upto Developer  or Configuration Sandbox.

To the best of my knowledge, No. Not without intervention from Salesforce Support, anyways.