function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fachochfachoch 

java developer to sales force

I am a java developer  , my company wants me to learn sales force development get certification , Please advice me   what a java developer needs to do to do catch up with sales force development, I saw the training  documents they are   lot   of documents ,   , what advantage a java developer gets compared to non programmers, from your experience please tell me   how to get a quick understaning of sales force  platform and startup with development ?

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

think of salesforce (java under the hood) as an intelligent java web application, providing extensive customisation capability via

config:

workflows

validation rules

etc

code :

apex - a java-like proprietary language. object oriented. with sql capability

visualforce -a visual component framework, with a rich component library

as the programming language apex has a very java like syntax, if you are conversant with java, you have a natural advantage to pick it up quickly.

also, salesforce provides an excellent implementation of the mvc framework.

model - data held in the db

view - implemented in visualforce or standard salesforce pages

controller : apex classes

I'd look at the Apex Language Reference

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/salesforce_apex_language_reference.pdf

Visualforce Page Developer's GUide

Cookbook

Platform Fundamentals

Jeff Douglas' Blog

Lastly, the classroom training videos are available to download free on itunes podcasts. look for salesforce certifications on itunes.

ADM201 : Admin Training Course

DEV401 : Dev beginners (No Apex Code, Config + Visualforce)

DEV501 : Advanced developers course

http://teachmesalesforce.wordpress.com/

Salesforce ExpertsSalesforce Experts
Please reach out to us if you are looking for online training in Salesforce. . We provide crash courses on weekends as well to speed up your learning on salesforce skills. Course fees only Rs 5000 for 20 hour session covering basics of Salesforce. If interested please feel free to contact on salesforcebuddies@gmail.com.